Jeep Safari in Gir
A jeep ride in the untamed forest is such a bold thought for every tourist that every vacationers who visit Gujarat are certain to visit the Gir National Park and as often as possible go for jeep safaris. Gir offers a really clear momentary look about the supreme wild amidst the home of innumerable excellent wild animals like Asiatic lions, The sights you see during safari in Gir National Park are heart thumping and extremely bold. Whilst you are on the Jeep Safari, you will unquestionably recognize the Lions in the regular habitat, when they simply walking all around freely. Imagining the most astounding fascination Lions from an open-rooftop top of a jeep is in it a stunning and a splendid experience. You will likewise run over fantastic widely varied vegetation and abnormal wild creatures together over the passageway way of Gir National Park.You will get opportunity to capture the pictures or make movie of these Lions and other wild creatures throughout the Jeep Safari in this Gir National Park, which is a significant uncommon sight. The best time when you can see these Lions is either at a young hour in the morning or at the nightfall time. These Jeep safari and the uncommon visit guides are orchestrated by the Forest Department.
Yet, for this Jeep Safari in this delightful GirForest, you should have permition(will be provided by us by booking on behalf of you) from the nearby office of SinhSadan Forest division, SasanGir.
How to Book Online Jeep Safari in Gir
- The full name of each person travelling.
- Your preferred date and safari time
- Passport / Driving License / Aadhaar Card / Voter id Card required.
- Carrying ID proof at safari time to show the same original proof.
Jeep Safari Charges:
Up to 6 persons (+1 child aged under 5 years) for Indian Rs. 5300
Up to 6 persons (+1 child aged under 5 years) for Foreigner Rs. 12800
The price includes Jeep & Driver Charges, Permit Charges, Guide Charges, One Camera Charges, Online Payment Gateway Charges, Pickup & Drop facility from any of the Resorts / Hotels in GIR and Our Service Charges.
- Before 10 Days (75%), Before 5 Days (50%),
Before 2 Days (25%), Less than 2 Days (0%).
- Bookings are non-transferable.
- Reserved seats cannot be resold / exchanged with any other visitor.
Gir Lion Safari Permit Tips
For Gir there are 3 safari tours each day that commences at 6.30 am, 9.30 am and then in the late evening at 3.30 pm. During summers the times are normally preponed by 30 minutes . Whereas the 6.30 AM trip is the best but when winters are at the peak the difference is negligible. In the monsoons Safari is usually suspended.
- There are 30 entry permits for each vehicle and altogether there are 90 trips that are taken per day. When the season is at the peak normally the number goes up to 150 per day.
- It has been observed that 100% of the permits of these vehicles are issued well in online.
- The permit that is issued is for Minimum of 1 to an upper limit of 6 travelers in a 4 X 4 Jeep Safari that is open. You can even travel in your private vehicle but it should be a Euro 3 amenable petrol vehicle. Just in case there are less than three people you can pool in with other individuals.
- For acquiring a permit and avoid any last minute inconvenience, you should apply for the permit at least 30 days prior through us along with a photo ID of 1 individual of every group with 6 people or you can do advance booking on your own by logging on to the website of girnationalparkonline.in
- Every vehicle passes through 2 routes i.e. it makes an entry from one route and later moves out from another one.
- Altogether there are 8 routes and on these paths, these 30 vehicles move in the above mentioned three slots.
- For the initial booking, the route is set at random by the authorities of the park, but just in case you are on your second visits, your request of choosing the second route will be considered by the park authorities.
- For those who do not have the booking have to individually line up in the queue at the SinhSadan Guest house at least 2 hours in advance and if you want the 6.30 slot be at the window at 4.30 am and during the peak season you have to stand 5-6 hrs before the actual time for the permit. If you are really keen for a permit at the last minute, you got to stand in a queue as early as possible to be within the first fifteen. Otherwise there is no possibility of getting the permit and in the peak season you even have to wait for a day.
The Best Time To Visit Gir
The Gir National Park is open from Mid - October onwards till mid-Juneandthe Devaliya Safari park (Gir Interpretation Zone) is open throughout the year. The Devalia Safari Park closed on every Wednesday.